Crypt32.dll is a module which contains the functions used by the Windows Crypto API. The indication of the problem with your crypt32.dll file comes in the form of an error message or similar ones listed below:
1. "The file crypt32.dll is missing."
2. "Crypt32.dll Not Found"
3. "Cannot find [PATHTO]crypt32.dll"
4. "This application failed to start because crypt32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
5. "Cannot start [PROGRAM]. A required component is missing: crypt32.dll. Please install [PROGRAM] again."
Crypt32.dll errors typically occur when you use or install a third-party program, Windows starts or shut down, or maybe even during a Windows installation. And the errors may be caused by deleting or corruption of the crypt32.dll file. In some cases, crypt32.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware attack or even a hardware failure.
Normally people may download crypt32.dll from a "DLL download" website to replace the old one, but it is not a good idea, and you can obtain it from its original, legitimate source. Most of time, the replacement of crypt32.dll file doesn't resolve the problem. Identify the error firstly and find an effective way to end crypt32.dll errors accordingly.
1. If your PC is working properly before you have deleted the crypt32.dll by mistake, just restore the crypt32.dll file from the Recycle Bin. If it was not there, you may have been cleared the Recycle Bin ever, then you could use a file recovery program to get crypt32.dll back.
2. If a similar message like "The file crypt32.dll is missing" shows up, just reinstall the program that contains the crypt32.dll file.
3. Sometimes, installing drivers will also cause crypt32.dll missing or damaged. In such case, try to update the recently installed driver, or those that are related to crypt32.dll file.
4. Make sure the Windows Registry is health. Find a registry cleaner to repair the registry errors, which may remove invalid crypt32.dll registry entries that cause the crypt32.dll error.
Crypt32.dll error often comes along with data lost from your hard drive.Sometimes, it will result in hard drive formatted and inaccessible data.Under these circumstances , you will need a hard drive data recovery tool to retrieve your lost data back.
This page offer the best solution to fix bootmgr missing and bootmgr compressed, and Wondershare Data Recovery software to recover lost/deleted data back. ...
If you are facing problems with your taskbar, this article would help you find solutions in Windows 10 with all the troubleshooting techniques. ...
Are you facing issue with corrupted files in Windows 10? We discuss how to eliminate them using the SFC and DISM commands along with System Restore option. ...
The following article discusses the various steps that can prove to be useful if one is looking to solve the Black Screen Error in Windows 10. ...