BOOTMGR is the abbreviation of Boot Manager (or boot loader for Windows) which is similar to NTLDR for Windows XP earlier Windows systems. If there are multiple operating systems on your computer, BOOTMGR will generate an operating system menu to manage the unique systems. Once BOOTMGR has gone missing, been compressed or corrupted, you can't enter the desktop of any of your operating systems. There are many reasons for a BOOTMGR is Compressed error, for example, the system drive has been compressed by mistake, an incompatible driver has been installed, the system has been infected by virus, etc.
So, know that you are far from alone in fighting with BOOTMGR errors. The two most famous BOOTMGR errors are:
BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
The good news is, fixing a BOOTMGR is Compressed error is not too difficult. This article will tell you how to repair a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error quickly and easily. To fix a BOOTMGR is Missing error, see a separate article entitled, how to repair a "BOOTMGR is Missing" error.
Your Windows Installation Disc provides system recovery options to fix a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error.
1. Boot from the Windows Installation DVD. Set CD/DVD-ROM as the first boot device if not set already.
2. Select "Repair My Computer"
3. Select the OS installation; click the "Load Drivers" button to bring up a drive browser.
4. Right-click on the system drive, and deselect "Compress This Drive", which should still be selected (That's why the "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error has occurred).
5. Click "Apply", in the pop-up dialog box, choose "Apply to Subfolders/files".
6. Reboot your computer and the "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error should be repaired.
Repairing a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" error is very convenient if you have a Windows Vista/Windows 7 DVD and a CD/DVD drive. But for users who have no Windows Vista/Windows 7 DVD at hand, or netbook users who have no CD/DVD drive installed, here is another solution.
1. Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB with LiveBoot included in PowerSuite Golden. It's an all-in-one PC toolkit. The screenshot is shown as below.
2. Boot your computer with CD/DVD/USB.
3. Go to the Boot Crash Solution section and follow the on-screen instructions to repair a "BOOTMGR is Compressed" or corrupted error.
You are also recommended to use the Registry Cleaner included in the TuneUP kit to scan your registry and fix the problems to get a healthy and faster PC.
The BOOTMGR is Compressed error might sometimes comes along with data loss on your hard drive, and it`s also possible that some files or data on computer are accidentally deleted or formatted when fixing this issue. When data loss occurs, you`ll probably need a powerful data recovery tool to restore all the lost files.
Wondershare Data Recovery is capable of restoring deleted/lost files or formatted partition from hard drive (HDD and SSD), external hard drive, usb flash drive, memory card, digital camera, camcorder, iPod, Music Player and many kinds of mobile devices (Nokia, Blackberry phones and Phones with older Android OS than ICS). While offering the advanced recovery modes like Raw Recovery or Deep Scan Mode, it`s pretty easy to use:
After disk wipe,the important data have lost,with Wondershare Data Recovery help you to recover lost data from hard drive after disk wiped. ...
Get to know the process if your system idle process is high. The art of getting the work done is easy and straightforward as mentioned in this tutorial. ...
The following article discusses the issue of high CPU Usage in Windows and what are the reasons behind it. The article also has troubleshooting techniques. ...