The best Document Recovery Software for Windows and Mac OS
Lost or deleted you important document by mistake? And you need it back securely and completely? Wondershare data recovery tool is the easiest and safest way to recover your lost words, excel, powerpoint, pdf files, emails, compressed files and many more from your flash drives, external and other type of storage devices. It can’t get any easier, now you can recover any type of data from your hard drive. With the help of wondershare data recovery tool.
DocumentDOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX, PPT/PPTX, PDF, CWK, HTML/HTM, INDD, EPS, etc.
PhotoJPG, TIFF/TIF, PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD, CRW, CR2, NEF, ORF, RAF, SR2, MRW, DCR , WMF, DNG, ERF, RAW, etc.
VideoAVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, etc.
AudioAIF/AIFF, M4A, MP3, WAV, WMA, MID/MIDI, OGG, AAC, etc.
Message & EmailsPST, DBX, EMLX, etc.
ArchiveZIP, RAR, SIT, etc.
How It Works:
1Launch the Software, start the wizard mode and select "Office Documents" as the target filetype
2After file type was set, you can select the path of where the documents previously were. If you don`t remember, just select all
3After you have specified options the tool will search for your lost items and display the results, you can just select your lost documents and click "Recover"
DOCUMENT DATA LOSS SCENARIOS:
• Document Files are deleted on by accident
sometimes document files are deleted by accident by the same or a user that does not belongs to the system. Human error is that the second biggest contributor to data loss. Most cases are minor incidents like not properly removing a flash drive. Different times, a user can mess things up by accidentally deleting the contents of a whole flash drive in one misguided keystroke. You can't do one thing to bypass the matter of human error.
• Document Files are deleted on purpose
Someone can easily delete important data they have rights to edit just before quitting a nonprofit, and if they empty their Recycle Bin, that data will be very difficult to recover.
• Virus attacks on Document files
Document data files in Windows can become inaccessible due to storage device corruption. Virus attack is the common cause behind storage device corruption. Some important Document files can get deleted during the virus detection process. The logical failure may occur due to file system corruption, virus infection or hard drive formatting. In such cases, you can get your document recovered with the help of wondershare data recovery tool.
• Fire Accidents can cause permanent document data loss
In this case, both computer and backup drive will be destroyed and you document files will be completely lost. The safest practice against fire is to make regular backups and keep them in other (different) locations.
• Formatting or partitioning can cause document files loss
Data on Windows can be erased by partitioning/re-partitioning the hard drive, formatting/re-formatting any partition without proper data backup.
How to avoid losing important documents
- To prevent database loss it might be a good idea to increase the size of your Recycle Bin to accommodate an accidental deletion.
- You can store select files in the cloud for remote access, or you can use a service that automatically backs up all your data. This is one of the best ways to avoid you data from getting out of your hands. Dropbox, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive boast the best features lets you store your files in smart folders that show up locally on your computer's hard drive but are also mirrored in the cloud.
- To create frequent backups of your files is the wisest choice for preventing data loss. If this information is of any importance, your backup system must be reliable and used on a regular schedule.
- If your hard drive is low on space and you do not create very large documents, you might want to reduce the size of the Recycle Bin and increase the available space on your hard drive.
- Install and update your antivirus regularly and run complete computer scan every week.
- Use your system as little as possible until you recover all of your lost files. The more activity taking place on your hard disk, the greater the chance that some of your lost data might be written over.
Knowledge Base for Documents on computer
A document is a form of information .An entire document or individual parts may be treated as individual data items. A computer document is a file created by a software application. While the term "document" originally referred specifically to word processor documents, it is now used to refer to all types of saved files. A Microsoft Word document may have a .DOCX file extension, while a Photoshop document may have a .PSD file extension. When referring to a file extension, a document is a readable file. Computers running Microsoft operating systems, for example, commonly store document files in a .DOC, .RTF, or .TXT file.