Text messages are an important aspect of communication and hence they need to be kept safely. This doesn’t mean that they are not routinely lost. It is not uncommon to find yourself in a situation where you accidentally delete important text messages or lose them due to other reasons. This is why it is essential to have a recovery system that will ensure you can easily get your text messages back quickly and easily.
This article will not only deal with how to recover lost text messages but also certain tools that can help you keep backup your messages to reduce the chances of losing them again in the near future.
The Easiest way to recover Samsung Galaxy Messages
There are very many ways you could recover deleted text messages from your Samsung Galaxy tablet or phone but perhaps the easiest is by using Wondershare Dr Fone for Android (Android data recovery software). This is a tool that is specifically designed to help you get back all your lost messages in simple steps. Some of its features include;
- It is valuable to you if you want to recover lost data including text messages, contacts, photos, audio files, videos, documents and many others.
- Recovering your lost data is done very easily in a simple 1-2-3 step process
- It supports all rooted Samsung phones and tablets regardless of the Android OS you are using
- You can preview and recover specific files
Here’s how to use Wondershare Dr Fone for Android to recover text messages from your Samsung device.
Step 1: Install and Run Wondershare Dr Fone to your computer. Connect your Samsung Galaxy device to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2: you may be required to enable debugging before Dr Fone can continue. Simply follow the steps displayed in the next window to accomplish a successful debugging process.
N/B: You may need to disconnect your device during the debugging process. This is perfectly fine as long as you reconnect the device once the process is complete.
Step 3: Click on “Start” to allow Dr Fone to analyse your device.
Step 4: You phone may require permission to allow the program to scan the device. Simply click on “allow” to continue.
Step 5: once the scan is complete, all of your recovered messages will be displayed in the resultant window. Check the ones you want to recover and click on “Recover”
Top 3 Tools to Backup Messages on Samsung Galaxy
- Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is the official Samsung software for all Samsung devices. Apart from allowing you to easily backup all your text messages as well as other files, Kies will also notify you when a firmware update for your device is available.
- It notifies user of firmware updates
- Works very well to allow for effortless transfer of data using USB cables or Wi-Fi
- It is available for both Mac and Windows
MoboRobo is an effective management tool for Android and iOs devices. It also works across platforms allowing you to easily transfer contacts between iPhone and Android devices. It also works very well in aiding you to back up all data including contacts, text messages, and call logs, documents and media files.
- Effortlessly transfer data between devices using USB cables or Wi-Fi
- Allows for iPhone to Android data transfer and vice versa
- Works with all Android devices
- Not available for Mac users
- It is not a widely used or widely recognised tool yet
- Wondershare MobileGo for Android
Wondershare MobileGo for Android is a well-developed tool to help you backup data including text messages on your device. You can use a USB cable or Wi-Fi to connect your device to the program. It also comes with additional functionalities that allow you to answer calls, send text messages and even download apps from the Google store all on your desktop.
- Allows you to backup almost all data on your Samsung device
- It is very easy to use
- Works as an all-in one Samsung data management tool
- It is not free
Top 5 Apps to Send Messages on Samsung Galaxy
Textra is one of the most popular messaging apps for Samsung Galaxy. It comes with a lot of features that should impress even the most hard-core of users. Its customization options include various theme colours, notifications, per contact settings. It also comes with built in SMS scheduling, group messaging, SMA blocker and quick reply feature.
- Its customization features make messaging very easy
- It is free to download
- Google Messenger
Google Messenger is the best tool if you want a reliable messaging app. It gets the job done without too much flare. It is simplified and although it will allow you to customize messages in terms of contacts, group text and even audio messages, it doesn’t have extra features such as themes.
- It is simple to use
- Free to download
- Doesn’t have any extra features
Hello is also a simple to use app that doesn’t come with too many customizations. It is designed to send messages and just that. It does however come with a dark or light theme depending on what you prefer.
- It is easy to use
- Offers free SMS to friends who use it well
- It doesn’t offer too many options in terms of customizations
- Go SMS
With hundreds of customization options Go SMS is one of the most robust messaging apps in the business. With it you get options such as message encryption, pop-up notifications, delayed send, SMS block and even cloud backup among many others.
- Extremely effective
- Hundreds of custom options to choose from
- You have to buy some of the customizations
- Chomp SMS
Chomp SMS comes with various features that include app lock, blacklisting and SMS scheduler while doing what a normal messaging app is meant to do and doing it well. It is compatible for users who are looking for a simple to use app that sends messages as well as for more hard-core users looking for themes and frills.
- It is easy to use
- It comes with very many customizable options